When you plan to travel with children, do not forget that major North American hotel chains normally have larger rooms than boutique hotels. With young children, forget about the suite, and instead ask for a room with a bathroom or a spacious wardrobe, to grow the cradle at bedtime.
2) If you can not resist the gravitational pull of Walt Disney, you will save money by visiting the dollar store. Prepare gift bags and then give them to your children before entering the amusement park vortex. So, they will no longer ask you for incredibly expensive trinkets from La Reine des neiges or La Petite sirène.
3) Better be too prepared, especially if your child is turbulent. Temporary tattoos for children – such as tattoos.org – which indicate parents’ phone numbers, provide peace of mind in the event of a mishap.
4) Rent the house or apartment of another family instead of a hotel room. You will have a functional kitchen, without having to bring toys, books or cribs.
5) Use storage cubes – zipper bags of various sizes that form suitcase drawers. I prepare a cube per child, so I do not have to empty the bag to find a specific article. Bentley has an excellent selection of luggage.
6) Dinner at the restaurant with children can be difficult, so it is best to have a nice family dinner. Children are in a better mood in the afternoon and dinner is often cheaper than supper.
7) Place paperclips of different colors on the passports of each member of the family, in order to know immediately who they belong to.
8) Easier said than done, but if you can limit the daily screen time, the iPad is the secret weapon of parents traveling. My son can only watch movies in the air and in the car – and he enjoys it every second.
9) Lint rollers can clean everything. Drag the travel format to handle sequins spills, Cheerios on the run, and more.
10) Place Band-Aids on the sockets of your hotel room, to ensure the safety of your children.
11) Whether you need a toilet (good morning cleaning), a family restaurant or a pediatrician, international SIM cards, such as trpprmobile, help you to locate what is necessary for your children, without worrying High roaming rates.
Children will love visit the Deep at the Natural History Museum’s in London which takes visitors 11,000 metres down
A new exibition for the children and their parents who travel in London this summer.
The Deep plunges into the abyss, revealing a deep sea environment less explored than the surface of the moon. With bizarre creatures that have adapted to their harsh world in wonderful ways, visitors to the exhibition will discover theextraordinary yet fragile biodiversity that exists in the deep oceans and learn how Museum scientists are helping to preserve this important ecosystem.
When visitors enter The Deep they descend into the inky depths and embark on an immersive voyage where strange animals are
suspended, jewel like, in the darkened gallery and deep sea giants loom out of the gloom. Combining astonishing imagery, real specimens on display to Museum visitors for the first time and life-size interactive installations, a highlight of the exhibition is a life-size recreation of a whale fall.
Alex Gaffikin, exhibition developer at the Natural History Museum, explains ‘At the centre of the exhibition is a real sperm whale skeleton, which has never been on display before. It tells the fascinating story of the weird and wonderful creatures that can live on a whale carcass for up to 50 years.’
Crushing pressure, icy cold, pitch black – The deep sea is the planet’s final frontier. It is the biggest and yet least explore environment on Earth. Remote, pitch black, with freezing cold temperatures and pressure up to 1,000 times greater than on land, find out about this harsh and alien habitat, which scientists believe could be as rich in biodiversity as rainforests or coral reefs.
Deep sea exploration – The Natural History Museum has a long history of deep sea research, starting with the HMS Challenger expedition in the 1870s and continuing to the present day with the effect of climate change on the deep sea in Antarctica. See some of the 130-year-old specimens collected on Challenger and climb aboard a life-size submersible to experience how modern Museum scientists explore the depths.
Myths and monsters – For centuries sailors have tried to explain the mysteries of the deep with stories of mermaids, sea devils and giant octopuses. Some, like Scandinavian legends of the Kraken, probably come from misidentification, but our fascination continues today in films and computer games.
Whale fall community – The centre piece of the exhibition is a recreation of a whale fall community using a sperm skeleton and stunning projections and footage of deep sea creatures that live on whale carcasses. Be transported to the ocean floor and
discover how a carcass can become a rich ecosystem.
Adapting to the deep – If you lived down here, you’d look weird, too. Bioluminescence, gaping mouths, stretchy stomachs and
seeming invisibility are just some of the adaptations that help deep sea creatures survive. With more than 50 real deep sea creatures preserved and on display, delicate glass Blaschka models and an imagined battle of a giant squid and sperm whale, this
is the closest most of us will get to exploring the deep.
We all have memories of children « who do not travel well », as they say politely. The bad memories I have in this category are fortunately not concernning my children who have always been good travelers.
Often, however, we must say that adults can also be as disruptive either talking loudly on their phone on the bus or an airplane or those people having a real great time on the terraces – of an hotel room, just room over it. I remember having to endure a hard worker, a workaholic real at 6 am, aboard a train during a trip between Montreal and Québec. am sure you have been wakened by some people having so much fun in a pool late at night.
But, admittedly, some parents do not seem too concerned about their child shouting or crying in an airplane, or restaurant or or during the explanations of a guide.
Our secret recipe is quite simple: build a program that will interest them and keep the activities that interest them most for the end of the day, with an hotel room.
To ensure that restaurant meals are not too chaotic, we started, At an early age, presents to our children to simple dinners and short first and by gradually increasing the sophistication of the food and encouraged them to stay at the table. An interesting game, compact and quiet is always a valuable tool for parents or coaches.
We realized quickly, by pure self-preservation, that it was not a good idea to gorge on sweets and food energy before a long flight or a long bus ride, since they store energy that has to be burned. I assure you, nuts and fruit are irresistible when a child is hungry.
Another tip for the trip: To maintain the children interest and keep them awake, tell them the destination, try the foreign language and have stories that they can understand. Let them talk about their projects and let them ask any question that pass through their heads.
Always plan a surprise that will look like a terrific adventure for them, do not forget they are just children. It is easy!
Certainly those things that worked well for us does not necessarily give the same results with all children. Some never become good travelers. If this is your case, be patient or do other things during your vacation.
Especially, it is useless to think that other vacationers can find greater pleasure than yours to travel with your unruly children! …